Saturday, November 23, 2013

Friday Cookies

Some of you may remember several years ago when 
we tested recipes for holiday cookies.
We have decided to start it again, and I'm disappointed that
I can't find my magazine that we used a few years ago, since
there were plenty of recipes that we hadn't tried yet.
So I've been using pinterest, of course.
I will try to remember to take pictures in the future, but no promises.

The first one we tried is
Cran Pistachio Cookies

The recipe I found called for a Betty Crocker sugar
cookie mix, but when we made them last week I tried using my
favorite sugar cookie recipe. I also followed the advice of some of the comments
and didn't use quite as many nuts.
And they turned out great.
Try them!

2/3 c shortening
3/4 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp milk
2 c flour
1 small box pistachio pudding mix
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
 1/2 c roasted, salted pistachio nuts - chopped
1/2 c dried cranberries - chopped (I didn't chop)

Cream the shortening, sugar, & vanilla.  Add the egg and milk and mix well.
Combine the dry ingredients and then mix together.  Finally,
add the nuts and cranberries.
Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes.


The flavor we tried yesterday is
Chocolate Dipped Molasses Cookie
Also delicious.

1 1/2 c butter
2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c molasses
4 1/2 c flour
4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
white sugar for rolling the dough (I used about 1/2 c)
2 bags white chocolate chips (I only used one & didn't dip them all)

Cream butter & sugar.  Add eggs & molasses.  Mix dry ingredients together then 
slowly mix into the wet.  Roll into 1-2" balls, and roll in white sugar.  Bake 
on parchment paper-lined pans at 375 for 10-12 minutes.  

Melt chocolate in double boiler & dip half a cookie into it.  Place on
wax paper to dry. 

Both of these recipes can be found on
labled as 12 Days of Christmas cookies.


And of course we will be trying more and if the cookies are good,
I'll post a copy of the recipe here.

No comments: