Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Backyard Progress - Retaining Wall DONE!

That's right, you heard it here first.
(Of course - where else would you hear it?)
We (of course I mean Kidney Bean - have you 
seen how big a 6x6x8 is?  There's no way that lil 'ol me could lift
one of those babies - my arms are like noodles)...
but I digress.

The wall is complete!

And here's the proof:


I am unable to take a picture of the whole thing, but the top picture is
the right side, where you can see the wall is shorter, 
a little higher for the curved part, and then
5 boards high across the back.

In the bottom picture, you can see the rest of the wall.
It's not exactly symmetrical, but we knew it wouldn't be
when we started out, since we were going to 
continue with the areas that someone
else had tried to start something.
The green on the cut angles in the top picture
will fade with time - it's the wood preserver.

And yes, we do have several (I think 7) boards
leftover -- oops! -- so I think
we'll use them in the front yard to clean up the landscaping there a little bit.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Fantastic news.
Looks just wonderful.
Well done.

Becca Bingham said...

Looks great! How fun! I cannot wait to have yard projects to work on.