Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Revamp

When we had to switch over to the new blog, I had intended to change the look and the names of family members.  BUT it took a while, as you can see.  But I did get it done, and here is the big reveal.

First thing's first - the name Stanley Pie.
What is it?
No one has asked me, which was a little surprising, but it's what I
named a food dish that didn't have a name.
My mom tried it out years ago, and it was delicious, and when we would
eat it, it was 'That noodle thing' - you know, with the sour cream and cheese.

I first made it for my husband when we were dating.
As I pulled out the ingredients, he was
trying to figure out what we were having for dinner.
It sounds really strange, but is actually DELICIOUS!
 So one day I decided to name it, and that's 
when it became 'Stanley Pie'.

Next, since we use pretend names on here, I thought we could change those nicknames to
match the different ingredients in Stanley Pie.
You can find the names and pictures on the left of the blog.

And in case you want to try eating some Stanley Pie,
this is what you do:

Cook some macaroni noodles.
Drain.
Add a can of kidney beans, drained.
Add a can of stewed tomatoes.
Add a can of olives, drained.
Stir together and cook on low until heated through.

Serve in bowls, topping with
dollops of sour cream and shredded cheddar.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Missy I love this man. I've always wanted to know what that meant and have no idea why I just didn't straight up ask you. Sorry man.
I love the new look and the new names.

Becca Bingham said...

Very clever idea! I always wondered where Stanley Pie came from, thanks for clarifying.