Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Belated Wedding Present

It's been almost 4 years since we got married, and we thought that the last wedding gift we received was when I was pregnant with our first baby (which was great, since we were able to buy the baby swing that we wanted).  But it turns out that was wrong - we received it last month.  And it's a beauty, so I just have to share it with you. 

When one of my great-grandpas moved into the house he owned for 50 years, there was a chair in the attic.  I have no idea what it looked like back then, but for many years, it lived in my mom's garage in the form of an empty, unattached frame.  And when we were planning the wedding, she said that she would get it reupholstered if there was enough money left over from the wedding budget.  Well, it may have taken a few years to actually happen, but we now have a beautiful antique rocking chair!
The colors are beautiful, and the fabric has a great sheen to it.  We love it.

Thanks Mom!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

OH my goodness Missy.
It's just beautiful.
I LOVE it.

T3 said...

It's a lovely chair. What a neat gift.